Grade D – Will have patches of mould around door and wall canvas – this can be easily treated and cleaned, please read instructions at bottom of description for a guide on how to do so! See images below of tents within this grading to get an idea of the condition of the tents:
Mildew can be easily treated and cleaned, please read below for a quick guide on how to do so:
• To start, pitch your tent on a warm sunny day and allow to air completely
• When dealing with fungus use a soft brush and a lot of fresh water to remove as much as you can and to stop the fungus from spreading
• If there are any marks left on canvas, we recommend using only specialised canvas tent cleaning products. Other domestic, chemical products can be too harsh and cause the canvas structure to breakdown and leak.
• After cleaning your tent you will need to re-waterproof and threat the material (which is a lot easier and less daunting than it sounds!)
• Nikwax Tech wash and TX waterproofing are perfect for cleaning and treating and can be easily purchased as a twin pack for convenience
– Tech Wash is a specially designed wash-in cleaner for waterproof canvas, and it safely revitalises the breathability and water-resistance of the canvas of your tent or awning. It can be used for a quick spot clean or to wash the entire tent, depending on your needs, and can prolong the life of your tent by removing dirt, which in turn tends to attract moisture.
– Cotton Proof allows you to reproof your canvas while keeping it nice and breathable, and even inhibits the growth of mould in damp conditions (although all canvas should only be stored when bone dry). The Nikwax range is available in two sizes for localised treatment or thorough cleaning and reproofing, depending on your needs.
• Allow tent to dry fully to avoid further build up